moosey
head gardener

Another Local Earthquake

22 Feb '11 6:11 pm
Oh dear. This time the epicentre was so much closer to the city, where much of the damage is. And lives have been lost. The quake hit in the lunchtime, and was really shallow - 5km deep.

So while the garden and the cats, 25km away, are untouched, people in my city are devastated.
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Juliet
contributor
Kurrajong NSW

Re: Another Local Earthquake

22 Feb '11 6:19 pm
Dear Moosey

So glad to hear that you're okay! What a horrifying disaster.

Thinking of you all
Juliet

jodie123
contributor

22 Feb '11 6:19 pm
so sorry to hear of this moosey but so glad you are ok
our hearts and thoughts and prayers are with you all right now
take care
jodie

floragardener
valued member
Long Beach Peninsula, USA

22 Feb '11 6:54 pm
Oh dear, I have just been catching up on the garden journals for 2010, and was just reading about the previous earthquake and its aftershocks. So sorry to read that NZ is going through this again.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

22 Feb '11 7:08 pm
Hubby and I visited in the late 80's, we just loved Christchurch. Such sad and unbelievable news. :cry:

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

22 Feb '11 9:57 pm
We've been watching the live TV updates all afternoon. Ghastly stuff. All those deaths. A beautiful old city bought to it's knees. Such a sad sad day.

We are thinking of you Moosey and your cityfolk. :cry:

nanny129
honoured member

23 Feb '11 1:20 am
hi Moosey--- judy here- georgia-usa-- watched news most of the night-- hoping for good news- but sadly this am it is 8 am here now- lives lost- horrid pix of the catheral etc-- the sad people-- you and your fellow countrymen are in my heart-- stay safe-- judy

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

23 Feb '11 1:25 am
Dear Mary,

We have to stop meeting this way! My heart stops for a moment every time I read about another disastrous earthquake in Christchurch. I'm happy to learn that you and yours were unaffected this time, but so sad for those in the city who were affected.

Love, Faith
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

nanny129
honoured member

23 Feb '11 2:30 am
hi faith--i am judy i am in georgia-- west of atlanta-- where in alabama are you?? roll tide!!

norvona
valued contributor
Oklahoma, USA

23 Feb '11 4:07 am
Should have checked the forums first before sending my 'Are-You-Okay?' email. :oops:
Very glad all is safe and well in your gardens, but so sad for your city friends. Take care and be safe...
Norvona
May I leave life as I began...filled with wonder, expectations...and...kicking and screaming.

Next

Return to General Gardening Chat