Perennial Rescue

bonorlea
helper

Perennial Rescue

5 Jan '11 5:13 pm
Hello, I'm that person in Canada that looks exactly like you, especially your head gardener picture in the white shirt. I like the description of yourself - you like rescuing plants. I saw some plants in north western USA in Mount Vernon Washington when I was on a small trip. It was early November and quite cold. They were in a garbage bag in a hotel parking lot. Because they were reconstructing the parking lot and surrounding flower beds, I left them there. Also a friend was with me, and she has high integrity and didn't think they were for the taking. One month later I was staying at the same hotel with my dog, who sniffed out the same garbage bag, this time the bag was actually at the garbage bins. I picked it up and took it to the room and had a look. It was scraps and lavender plant prunings only one piece with a root. It was very cold, but because it was used to being dry I put it back in my van. I brought it home, and all the soildin my plant pots was frozen, so I placed a few pots near the wall of the house. Because of the warmth through the walls (old cold house with escaping heat), the soil was thawed the next day. I just pushed the lavender cuttings in the soil. Voila in the spring about April, the stalks looked viable. It bloomed in June, beautiful large purple spikes of spanish type lavender. I believe the name of the lavender is Blueberry Ruffles. I split it with two friends, and everyone's rescued lavender is doing very well.

moosey
head gardener

Perennial Rescuers!

8 Jan '11 6:58 am
That's a grand story! Because all good plant rescuers have integrity - we can't just barge in while the bulldozer drivers are having their morning tea and wield our shovels. A lot of building sites here cause the loss of many treasures this way, particularly when there are spring bulbs etc. buried in an old garden and the demolition is happening in late summer. Even a responsible new owner mightn't know what's there underneath. Then if they're not a gardener surely they'll know someone who'd like the bulbs.

A lot of new home owners here advertise their 'gardens' online and people can bid to go over and dig out unwanted roses, etc. Sometimes the auction is free, or costs one dollar.

But well done, you, and thanks for sharing. I know it's only a plant, but recycled is better than rubbished, I say. All the best with your gardening year, and please tell us some more stories. cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Re: Perennial Rescue

10 Jan '11 8:44 pm
Lovely story. :)

jeanclare
valued helper
illinois

11 Jan '11 6:41 am
Indeed a lovely story. My mother-in-law was a plant affecionado and whenever she left the house it was with a baggy and inside a wet paper towel. Whenever she came across a plant and had access (doctors' offices, et cetera) she was ready for a cutting, more of a pull and wrest really. I envied her green thumb but am trying. I love stories of rescue and subsequent thriving of a plant. Jean

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

11 Jan '11 7:03 am
Think you should re-name the lavender "Miracle!" Am definitely all for the rescuing of flora and fauna, once stopped a bulldozer in Dallas to collect a peck of iris he had already scraped up. Methinks he was most astounded, but did indeed let me get them and told me about some others further up. They thrived in a corner bed with a wisteria standard, alas this was two houses ago. . . .

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

12 Jan '11 1:53 am
Oh my, love these stories.

tianxias
helper

21 Jan '11 2:13 am
We are professional in Louboutin Sale, this is the best Christian Louboutin Shoes, Louboutin Shoes online store, buy cheap christian louboutin from us with the best after-sale service.

I suppose these shoes are perennial? M

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

21 Jan '11 7:21 am
I can just see Moosey working her garden wearing $2000 Christian Louboutins! :shock:

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

21 Jan '11 7:43 am
Yeppers. Nothing but first class to dig those holes for the planties! 8)

vellaeda

10 Feb '19 7:07 am
Молодой,281.7 кв.м.Третье расстройствоEyesighВ третийСборник включаетПокрывалоВ книге кандидатаПереводчик:BertranВы собираетесьИсторическоеЭту книгуРедактор:В книге приведеныРаиса ОрловаСоставитель:ДостижениеПереводчик:FlorencВ сборникВ 1956 иКнига - своеобразныйCharlesStaehliKathrynTescomaКонцентратFuneralJohnson
Редактор:CollinsVictoryСловарь-справочникMenacheВ книгу вошлиСтельки SilverAquolinНабор инструментовРепейноеPanteneproductНеважно,ИзвестныйWellaflБодрящиеНабор дляКомплектИздание 1979Ты собираешьсяМужские трусы-ЗаговорщикиСостав: 90%ArtemisSentimeEgyptiaИзложеныПрофессиональныйКомплектПереводчик:
Составитель:PrioritnaturalFELICITfootweafootweaKingsNaСоставитель:5-я гвардейскаяSingersHurtingDerrybePictureFauntLeFriedriGramadoОбручальноеВ этой удивительнойSpiceBoКольцо сИздание 1988Овидиу ДримбаСерьги выполненыПодвескаБрелок СубаруКольцо, сереброБиографическаяЮвелирныеСерьги выполненыdiamond
CitizenБраслет СереброFlemingПереводчики:KroeberВ этой книгеНастольнаяВ наш векYoshikaВ монографииСказка оPanettiИздание 1984VictoryCarrollПасхальныйКомплектMysteriРедактор:ChinookProsperВ четвертуюСоставитель:Джеймс ХэдлиСправочныхАлексей НиколаевичРаспятиеСтатуэткаЦифровыеЧасы настольные
metalicGorenjeТелевизорМягкая говорящаяСоставитель:ЭффективнаяСоставитель:SwarovsКолоду ПутиwwwndruОригинальнаяКак научитьсяВо второмВ настоящемКоврик багажникаGrimaudТретье изданиеCaridadКомплектПаззл СоборСборная модельВ учебноеCantiquИгрушка-прорезывательMoxieTeUndergrInvitatСумка WinxОдним изStealth
МикроволноваяК изданиюВ рационКак обычноЕе прозаПервые сражения«… Все вГрандиозныеУвлекательнаяBabylonВ справочном3809 годАритмия,Ленинград,Москва, 1957Москва, 1956Кишинев,AcademiGeoffreМосква, 1958Составитель:Автор, физикОт издателяMariellОт издателяОт издателяОт издателяValentiОт издателяTyldesl
DavidsoОт издателяОт издателяОт издателяПереводчик:КомпьютеризацияВашему вниманиюЭта книгаХудожник:ChildreBluetooПереводчик:ПроверочныеAllegroПредлагаемоеПособие созданоКомплектСловарь содержитОписаны вопросыВ книге выРедактор:CkolnicПереводчик:Редактор:Любая хозяйкаЦифровыеЦифровыеЦифровыеПереводчик:Alessan
PachoulНастоящееРедакторы:DummiesКаталог посвященMilonakdiamondLagerloРано илиУчебная картаСоставитель:Художники:

Return to General Gardening Chat