What's in Your Vase?

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Re: What's in Your Vase?

30 Jan '14 2:54 am
Kerole wrote:No the predicted bad weather never came to much. A bit of drizzle and a few gusts of wind. The remaining Cherbourgs in the garden fared perfectly ok!

Glad to hear it.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

20 Feb '14 11:22 pm
Sweet and so very simple. A wee posy of red clover flowers in a hand-painted cream jug. It is perched on the red window sill in our cottage, above the kitchen sink. This is a charming little building that adjoins the stables. It is our guest accommodation. I am slowly getting around to giving it a little make-over, but as is the way with these things, it's never as simple as a lick of paint! The bathroom needs a total re-do, starting with the flooring...
DSC03370.JPG
Red clover from the pastures beyond.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

22 Feb '14 6:55 pm
Pretty. Is red clover larger than other clovers? It looks like it there.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

23 Feb '14 11:45 pm
This is a pasture plant. The heads are pale purple (not even a hint of red, go figure) and the biggest would be the size of a chive flower but most are smaller than this. They are considerably taller and fatter than normal white clover. Not to be confused with crimson clover which has elongated heads in a lovely deep red/rose pink.

:)

moosey
head gardener

21 Mar '14 4:07 pm
Aha! Rest assured, I am not a k-spammer. I am me! But I am in my kitchen, oops... Have just dealt to Souvenir de la Malmaison, have lots of her flowers in quasi-vases. Wish you could smell them! Cheers, M
whats-in-vase.jpg
Enjoy!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

7 Apr '14 7:36 am
Oh wow, just look at that lovely crumpled pale pinkness. She is divine but does not love our humidity. Soggy brown balled buds are not attractive!

How I wish I could fill vases with her. And yes, the perfume must be heavenly :)

jeanclare
valued helper
illinois

9 Apr '14 4:48 am
Greetings Mary and friends! I am back and with a trowel in one hand and a vase in the other. One must be ready for summer and winter. The plant stand has already got my veggie plants starting to grow. My family landscaped the front of my house with flowers. I will get them to take a picture and show you. It is beautiful and was hard as it meant taking out a driveway and rerouting my sidewalk. It has been a long time and it feels good to be back planting things. Our winter here in Chicago and the suburbs was awful. The ground heaved, things wouldn't lock and ice predominated. Still, the gardening spirit is strong. Hope all of you fellow gardeners are well and thriving, as am I. Jeanclare

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

9 Apr '14 7:48 am
Welcome back Jeanclare! Gosh it sounds like you've been very busy indeed. Of course we'd love to see photos of the new front landscaping. How exciting, be able to start afresh :)

moosey
head gardener

9 Apr '14 8:18 am
Great to hear from you again. It's so funny - spring for you, while here we're sort of stumbling through autumn. Still lots to do, leaves, leaves, leaves. I've spent a lifetime raking up leaves. Some weeks there's no time for the plants! Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

26 Apr '14 7:45 am
"Stumbling through Autumn'' - yes indeed!

Now I've been a bit slack in posting of late hence photos from February :)

This was my morning tea on Feb 14th. Hot tea, a rose, and a home-made heart bickie. Happy Valentines day!
Valentine's Day.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to General Gardening Chat