2010 new garden?

Raintree
valued member
Southern California

2010 new garden?

31 Dec '09 5:18 am
Since a new year is coming, will you plant anything new in your garden?

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

3 Jan '10 9:09 am
I'm having another go at growing black taro by the pond - the last lot got attacked by Pukekos (a naughty, funny but destructive native type of moor hen). I will be upping my hosta collection considerably. I would like to try growing a red passion fruit vine and Clematis Niobe through a weeping willow. A pair of gorgeous copper beech trees are to frame a newly hung wooden gate alongside the creek.

Hmmmm... I could go on for days!

PaulineG
helper

Re: 2010 new garden?

23 May '13 2:16 pm
It is really advisable to install a garden outside your house if it has a good season, but since for new year, yes, it is good idea to put garden and plant colorful flowers and add some outdoor decors, walkways and etc to make your outdoor area look impressive.

Liza2

8 Jun '13 10:40 pm
I will be upping my hosta collection considerably. I would like to try growing a red passion fruit vine and Clematis Niobe through a weeping willow. A pair of gorgeous copper beech trees are to frame a newly hung wooden gate alongside the creek.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

10 Jun '13 3:04 am
Isn't that amazing Liza2, you're planning to do exactly what someone else is planning to do. :shock: Have I come across the next big new trend in gardening? :lol:

moosey
head gardener

13 Jun '13 4:01 pm
A spam-savvy hosta producer, maybe, is out there employing lots of copy-and-pasters? Hmm... Mind you, I love hostas. You grow hostas in your garden too, don't you MacF?
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

15 Jun '13 8:46 pm
No hostas. Yet!

moosey
head gardener

17 Jun '13 5:47 pm
But you could grow them, climate-wise? Slug-free? Snail-free? Or are there some sneaky Australian munchers who would just feast on the leaves?
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

17 Jun '13 9:42 pm
I'm a bit worried about snails. I often find some under the agapanthus.

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

15 Sep '13 12:26 pm
MacFlax, I found a stoat living under my aggapanthus! Think I would have prefered the snail :lol:

Have you tried coffee grounds? They have worked quite well for me around veg plants, although I haven't got any hostas these days (they were eaten by something long ago :-" )

I am going to try to successfully grow a Tamarillo tree this year. I have attempted and failed twice in the past, nothing has changed since then but I might have learned a thing or two over the years re wind protection. Anyway, I have bought it on a whim after seeing the price of the fruit in the shop! I do love them.

Return to General Gardening Chat